Tag cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quarter 11 - Week of Exams

Well, what do you know... looks like I had atleast one more post left to write. Wonder why I was so worried about making the last one so emo anyway. I wish I could wax eloquently about my exams and make you go all senti, but I'm just happy enjoying my freedom that all of this doesn't seem to matter anymore. Let the past pain and pressures be forgotten, I say...

New Enterprise Financing
It's so nostalgic and fundamentally scary when you screw up your last paper the exact same way you screwed up a paper right in quarter 1. For future reference, people, the NEF prof is crafty and irrespective of however nice a case he puts in front of you, remember, this is a finance paper and not a strategy paper. Do NOT spend a lot of time on overthinking the assumptions and setting the context in place, crunch some numbers. If you don't crunch numbers, you'll come away pleased from that section only to horrifically realize that you just have five minutes left in which to do all the finance related crunching. Not worth it guys, really not. Focus on the numbers. If there's any parting advice I want to leave for those that follow in my step into NEF, it's this... watch out for the exam paper.. do the crunching first, you can give the bhaashan to the prof at the end if you have time.

Reinvention through Entrepreneurial and Intrapreneurial Learning
Right, so we didn't have an exam really... we just had the project submission. But that didn't stop us from breaking our heads, no sir. Coming in to college over the weekend, arguing the hell out of points you've already argued the hell out of... solemnly promising that your last project in college is going to be the best ever... it was all part of this. We finally managed to complete the project and print stuff out by 8:30 PM, a little more than three hours before the deadline.

I'd always pictured that moment... the last 'thunk' in the project dropbox that lies forlorn outside the office. I always imagined that it would be liberating, and the sun(or moon) would reveal itself from behind the clouds and I would be encircled by a focussed beam of light. A little trumpet sounds in the distance would be awesome too. Instead, after the aforementioned 'thunk' I didn't even hear a cricket... 'crick'. Hmm.

Whaddya know? Life goes on. I've completed the PGSEM programme, and the universe just yawned and went back to sleep.


4 comments: