Tag cloud

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Flashback - The Wait

While waiting for the results, I spent more time trying to get information on the PGSEM. Of course, the PGSEMInfo group helped quite a bit - the current students were more than helpful. On top of that, I tried to find a few sites which probably spoke about the interview experience of students for the PGSEM. The following helped quite a bit:


The following page does have all of the interview links posted about, plus some more info:

A couple of my classmates have updated their blogs too:


Anyway, I went for a couple of events organized at the PGSEM fests, the PGSEM Open House and asked a few questions. Looking back on it now, I think it was quite helpful. The first time I entered IIMB, I was quite overwhelmed by the place. I must have tried really hard to act and sound smart, not make a fool of myself (which I am perfectly capable of doing, thank you), and generally kept to myself since I dont know anyone else there.

But by the time the Open House happened, there was already some activity by students applying this year, we must have met up a few times to discuss our Strategy for the interview (Oh yea, by now I had gotten my CAT results and had applied for the PGSEM. Got shortlisted too, must have been March at this time, sure was a long wait). So, along with the other aspirants, we had gotten together, joshed around a bit, and finally at the Open House, I knew almost 15-20 people there. Not being a fish out of water really helps, I can say that much.

So, when my interview finally came around at the end of March, and I walked onto the campus, it wasn't a person who was trying to put his best foot and impression forward. It was a guy who realized that this place is as tough as it looks, but it's not unfamiliar, you can make it here. And glimpses of the fool came shining through...

No comments:

Post a Comment